The 3 Musketeers in SHIMLA


Hello Friends, I hope you all are doing well. I am also doing great, as always. But at times, traveling makes everyone tired. And maybe the tiresome did hit me hard. Not just one quick trip but it felt like climbing Everest.

As I was traveling for the last few months from Gurgaon to Kanpur then back to Gurgaon, followed by Chandigarh, and finally Shimla. It was indeed a travel-o-cycle. Trust me, at the age of 27, this was the first time I felt like an adult. You all might be wondering how? Well, without being dramatic, let me tell you, my mom let me be a free bird, she no longer restricts me and neither does shower those typical brown parent dialogues like “Shadi ke bad ghumna.”

Ohh! But she still has the power to digress me in the middle of my blog. She is a book in herself. Will make you meet her, someday.

Finally a Travel Break!

Recently, I went to Shimla. It was a rollercoaster and I had a great experience. Though I wished I could witness snowfall, the fresh snow still made me happy.

We all know the beauty of Shimla cannot be explained in words, it can only be imbibed within us.

Forget the Hustle and Bustle for a While

The serene view of mountains, clouds, and the weather took my heart away in just a few minutes. The hustle and struggle of the office truly required a break and the beauty of mountains did the magic of revivifying me.

So before talking about how my days went in Shimla, I would like to thank my friends and family for making it happen, not this time but for every time. You know guys how much I love you!

The trip was not planned like always, it was more like a pack your bag, we’re coming and that’s it. While keeping myself strong and confident I managed to convey my mom this time. Somewhere, she knew that I needed this trip badly and since I have been convincing her for the past few years, my mom showed her attitude which was quite an unexpected feeling. And trust me, my family drama is like an Ekta Kapoor serial, you will always get to see lots of drama.

And yet again, my family distracted me. Coming back to the trip.

We… “me and my two newly adopted best friends” headed towards Shimla from Chandigarh joyfully. I don’t know why I was overly dressed up when my friend was in her usual pijama and casual sliders. And again it’s been a record till now, whenever I dressed up properly, there will be one person who does not even bother wearing a nightdress.

It eventually forces me to think twice about why am I even carrying so much today. No need to laugh! I am still dealing with it and don’t know how long I have to bear this pain of being nicely dressed up.

Moving on, we did lots of chit chats while traveling and it took us 6 hours from Chandigarh to reach Shimla. We were traveling from one of our friend’s conveyances, so by god’s grace, we haven’t faced any traffic while traveling. We took only one stoppage to have some eating kinds of stuff and then at around 6:30 PM we were very close to Shimla.

Never Miss a Sunset!

Amidst traveling we saw a beautiful sunset point then we stopped the car and took a small break, shot too many photos, and slo-mo a video. From sunset point, our hotel was 1 hour away. We booked a hotel mid-way through the journey. The hotel was near the mall road but unfortunately, there were no parking areas.

As we were traveling on the weekends the whole parking area in Shimla was packed. But we were aware of the fact that somehow we will manage to park the car and we did. So usually when you visit hill stations, especially on weekends, you will be charged huge amounts.

The parking area charged us 500 Rs. for 9 PM to 11:30 AM. Without waiting much, we took out our luggage and headed towards the lift. We all know it is very difficult to walk on slant roads when you carry big bags on your shoulder. Isn’t it? Ahh, I got you, did you say hell yes? No worries! I also feel the same way as you do.

Creeping Hunger!

To reach the hotel we took two lifts and the lift dropped us on the Mall road. We were very hungry and my eyes were constantly searching for steam momos and coffee. After walking a milestone, we found a cafe, and there we had the world’s best momos and coffee. It gave us so much relief and then after an hour we reached the hotel.

The weather in Shimla was 2 degrees celsius which is quite colder. The hotel’s name was Dalzian and I appreciate my friends for booking a beautiful hotel. The room was very spacious, the washroom was also neat and clean, there was no stink or smell so overall I liked the hotel and would recommend you to visit it once you come to Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.

After taking a small nap, we freshened up and came out from the hotel to explore Shimla and eat some good food. On the first day we were very tired so couldn’t explore much that day, but we ate food at a very cool restaurant which was quite expensive but it was near to the hotel so we decided to have dinner there only.

It’s Never Too Late To Gossip- Just Chit Chat Things!

Here comes the second day, I woke up on time as usual but this miracle happens during the trips only not at home. I tried to wake my friend up 1000 times, she finally got up and asked me to give her an hour and she will be already by then. So I left my hotel with my other friend.

We hung out together and explored some of the places. And, you won’t believe, my friend was still in the washroom chatting with all her friends that too on a call. From there I named her “torto”. After she got ready we decided to explore Kufri so that we could do some adventures and explore the place.

Kufri — The Fun World

Kufri was two hours away from Shimla, the road was filled with ice and people were enjoying themselves with their friends and family. The moment we reached Kufri we again witnessed a tremendous crowd in Kufri and the road was blocked, there were massive queues, people were waiting for their chance to know when they will get a chance to visit Kufri.

Here comes a time when again I was overly dressed from top to bottom and it felt like this is going to be a mess. There was so much ice all over the area due to snowfall, and I could see the people struggling for their chance, there was lots of mud in everyone’s outfits. There I decided that I am not going to visit Kufri, I have had enough.

My friends got angry about it but I was stubborn about not getting out of the car. But thankfully, they understood the situation, and we parked the car and visited some areas that lead to Kufri. The area was also filled with ice so we captured so many pictures and had a good time with each other.

“Pahado per maggie NHI khaya to kya khaya” sometimes I feel like I am living for maggie only and when it comes to hill stations I cannot resist having momos and maggie. We ate maggie and burger from the side street corner, the taste was so desi and mouth-watering.

Adventure is her Obsession

Surprisingly, in my entire trip, this was the first time I walked 21,000 steps in a day which is no less than an achievement for me. We all three were lost in our own thoughts, there my friend wanted to do some adventure, and she decided to get inked.

Her obsession with tattoos has no limits, she randomly entered one of the tattoo studios and there she got a minimalistic tattoo on her leg. Sometimes I also think about getting a tattoo, but after knowing the pain level, I would rather give up.

The last day!

No matter what, here is one thing that I know: Bidding goodbye is the saddest thing to do! After walking a milestone, trying all the tasty food on the mountain, and spending quality time together, we’ve now come to the point where we had to bid bye to Shimla.

I had no clue at that moment whether I am visiting the place again or not. However, I had built so many memories that I will definitely cherish until next time.

Now, taking a deep breath, I would like to urge my readers to take out some time, have a cup of coffee, scroll down a bit and yes yes stop right there where you see my link and read my piece of blog on this amazing journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popular Commercial Real Estate Apps That You Should Know

My First Visit to Ayodhya, Now, Waiting for the Next!

Why You Need a Visual Content Marketing Strategy?